Christian Assistance Bridge seeks to find committed volunteers who are willing to serve the needs of those in our community with an open mind and heart. We match our volunteers to an area where their skills and/or interests are best suited for our organization. Our existence is based on the commitment and dedication of hard working volunteers. If you are willing and able to give of your time to CAB, we would love to have you. Below is a list of our typical volunteer opportunities:
Volunteer Form: Click here to download and fill out our volunteer form.
• Food Pantry: Our food pantry is available for anyone who is in need of food. Whether it is food for one individual or for an entire family, we pack and fill boxes for these folks in their time of need. A food pantry volunteer also stocks shelves and keeps the pantry organized, according to industry standards and guidelines.
• Client Intake Counselor: Financial assistance is offered to those who qualify for emergency help. Each client meets with a trained volunteer to confidentially discuss their situation. Assistance includes help with payment of utilities, rent, travel aid (gas, lodging) and prescription medications.
• Benefit Bank Counselor: Low income South Carolina residents can apply for a variety of government benefits from multiple agencies via the Benefit Bank application process. Benefit Bank counselors spend up to an hour with clients, assisting them with this application process. Special training is required.
• Skilled Professionals: We are always looking for folks who can offer their skill or profession: public relations, marketing, grant writing, fundraising, public speaking, event planning, IT, legal and accounting.
• Reception: During office hours, a greeter welcomes clients when they walk through our doors. The greeter is also responsible for ensuring that the proper paperwork has been completed by the client. Greeter also answers the phone and checks for messages.
• Donations: Nonperishable food items that have not yet expired can be brought to our location during normal business hours or during another prearranged time. We also accept toiletry items and seasonal items (school supplies) and gift cards to grocery and big box stores. NO CLOTHING OR HOME GOODS PLEASE.
• Other: Our volunteer needs change throughout the year and special projects may arise at any time. If you or a local group (church, scouts, civic organization, etc.) are interested in temporarily volunteering your time with us, please call to see what opportunities we may have available.
“May the Lord make your love increase and overflow for each other and for everyone else, just as ours does for you.” 1 Thessalonians 3:12